Welcome to BTJeff's Smoking Network. Click here to register and gain FULL access to Site!

First time smoking with friends

Nothing is More Hot than reading about that First Smoke! Share it Here and Re-Live the First Time!
Forum rules
This forum is devoted exclusively to sharing our individual gay male Smoke Starts & fetish evolution. It is the ONLY permanent collection of it's kind on the internet.

It is also the most popular revisited forum on this website.

So ... light up, and tell us how you got started smoking and even how your fetish evolved.

First time smoking with friends

Postby Bensonboy1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:11 am

Was in town today and seen a group of 5 lads, aged from about 10 up to 14. The youngest of them was the only one of them smoking (at the time) and it got me thinking how he told them he smoked. Did he just light up one day and that was it? How did ye tell your friends you started and did they try to stop you? Did anyone ask for a cig and start on that day with you?
Bensonboy1
Contributor

Re: First time smoking with friends

Postby Marbs4ever » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:56 pm

Well regarding your recent sighting, most likely, all of the boys smoke. The one you saw smoking probably started with the others, who were already smokers. Since he likely started with their support and encouragement, "coming out" as a smoker to his friends probably wasn't an issue. But, for those of us who started on our own or with older siblings, its an interesting question.

I started on my own at 12. I knew i liked it right away (even before I figured out how to inhale) and that I'd keep at it. Although I knew some kids from school who were already "experimenting" with it, none of them were really friends of mine. So, I continued on my own for 8 or 9 months as I had the chance. But by then, I really wanted to share my new hobby with a friend.

My best friend at the time had 2 smoking parents like I did and also had an older brother (about 15 at the time) who already smoked openly. So, I figured he'd probably at least tried it by then and even if he hadn't, he wouldn't be opposed to the idea. But rather than tell him I smoked or ask him if he did, I came up with a plan.

Before meeting up with him one day, I stashed the pack I had in the woods where we hung out. Later when we were there together, I happened to "find" that pack which someone had apparently dropped. Conveniently, I "happened" to have matches with me. With the "found" pack in hand I asked him if he wanted to try one. Not surprisingly, he said he would. So we each lit one up and admitted to each other that we'd both been sneaking them on our own for a while. Since at the time, cigarettes were relatively cheap and easy to acquire, even for 12 year olds, smoking together became a daily activity for us. Within a month or so, we'd invited another friend who was a year younger than us to join us.
Marbs4ever
Resident

Postby Bensonboy1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:46 am

That's funny about hiding the pack and finding it with him, it's reminded me of one time I was about 14 or 15 and I had to do work around a male relatives house one summer. I hid a pack in the lawn to find it when he was beside me and bring up the conversation about smoking and I'd have one. We were walking to the spot where I put them and he said he had found a box of Benson earlier there and burned them!! My heart sank, couldn't believe I had to spend the day there without my cigarettes!!
Bensonboy1
Contributor

Postby Marbs4ever » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:12 pm

I guess it works better with a fellow smoker. How did you eventually tell your relative that you smoked?
Marbs4ever
Resident

Postby Bensonboy1 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:57 am

The next day (after I having to buy more) he went to the local shop to get us food I noticed he left his wallet on the table so he would have to come back for it sooner than it would have taken him to go to the shop I lit a cigarette so I was smoking it when he came back so that he would catch me!
Bensonboy1
Contributor

Postby Marbs4ever » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:32 pm

Well at least it only delayed you a day. Did he respect your right to smoke?
Marbs4ever
Resident

Postby Bensonboy1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:43 am

I don't think he really noticed at first or at least didn't say anything. When I lit up after eating here just asked me if the cigarettes he had found the day before were mine! He did tell me to try n quit before I got hooked but I didn’t tell him I'd been smoking for nearly 4 years at that stage
Bensonboy1
Contributor

Postby gut5ppd » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:37 pm

For guys who don't start smoking with their posse, it is difficult. I remember when I was 11 or so, and dying to start smoking, I asked a buddy if he wanted to take some smokes from his parents and go out back and smoke. He said absolutely not, hated the fact that his parents, like mine, chain-smoked, and he would never smoke. I was dumbfucked, and didn't start smoking regularly for another three years. Peers had a huge affect on me at the time apparently. But when I did start smoking, I did it with a vengeance, and apparently he did too -- he got hooked at about the same time I did, at 14. I caught up with him a year or two ago and he's still a major smoker, chaining one after another as we talked on the street.
Bobby
Smoke addicted since 14
gut5ppd
Resident

Postby Jackson » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:33 pm

I had been openly smoking at home for three months when without really realizing it I it up the minute I came home. A couple of my friends had come home with me and it was the first time I smoked in front of them. Fuck man since when do you smoke one of them said, only then did I realize I was smoking. A while now I said. Wow aren't you afraid to get hooked, hell no smoking rocks is all I said. It took a while but they all started smoking eventually.
Jackson

Postby Marbs4ever » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:19 pm

By around 14 I was smoking pretty much every day. Mom smoked and had caught me at least once by then. She pretty much knew I was smoking daily but it was don't ask, don't tell. If she was home I'd smoke in the basement and she'd pretend not to notice. By then some of my friends smoked and some didn't. I'd smoke with those who did and wouldn't around those who didn't.

Around that time I started hanging around with a guy who was 2 years younger than me. He seemed pretty cool and I suspected he might be smoking secretly like I had at 12. One day when we were off from school but my mom was at work, we were hanging around my house. Being the good kids we were, we decided to sample some of mom's liquor. We weren't really drunk but we were definitely both feeling good. And of course, I was dying for a cig.

Finally I was just like, the hell with it and asked him if he wanted a cig. He seemed a little surprised and said You smoke? I said yeah sometimes. Then he said thank god, reached into his pocket and took out his own pack of Marb Reds. Well my suspicion was confirmed and he even smoked my brand. So we both eagerly lit up. He clearly needed one as much as I did and was definitely an experienced smoker.

Over the next couple hours we both put a good dent in our packs while the effects of the alcohol wore off. It turned out that he'd been smoking as long as I had thanks to his older brothers.
Marbs4ever
Resident

Return to Smokin Starts - An Internet Exclusive!!!